Black bins today (and brown ones too - baaah).
Appointment today was for 10:00am, so I didn't have much time after I dropped the boys off at school. Went with Sam this time.
Weigh-in first: 77.9kg. That's about 1.7kg up from the start, I need to keep an eye on that, but I suppose now is not the time to get too worried about it. First off we got called in for a chat with Mairead. Normally she has just caught up with a chat in the waiting room, this time we sat down in a consulting room. She wanted to talk about how Sam and I were feeling. We spoke a bit about what happens next with the scans. We made the request that next time round we should talk to Dr Davies, as we'd seen different doctors the last 3 times, I should get the scan results at that appointment.
We waited a few minutes then got called in to see - Dr Davies, wow first time in 8 weeks! It seemed easier talking to him than a different doctor who I hadn't seen before. I still had to update him with what's happened since. I also mentioned the numb feet, he was quite interested, it's probably the Vinblastine, but he doesn't want to change the dose at this stage. I said it wasn't too severe and I could handle it, we'll see what happens from now on. I also mentioned having a cold nose for the last few days, he laughed, I suppose you can't blame everything on the treatment. Afterwards I sorted out the next appointment, noted that it should be with Dr Davies, plus some provisional chemo sessions.
Back home for lunch and shopping for tomorrow's BBQ with the NCT group. Then I went back to hospital for my chemo at 2:30. They were running late again today, I got in at 3:15. This time it was Carol who set me up to start with, but then Sally took over. But I did get a reaction from the Vinblastine as I did before: Fourth Chemo Session. This was just a blanching and my arm was quite cold, but not painful or uncomfortable. We waited for a while, but it didn't really warm up, so in the end I had another cannula put in the other arm. After that the other drugs went in quite safely, my left arm warmed up.
It's strange, but this could be my last chemo session. I'm trying not to build it up at the moment - I don't want to get too excited about it and then be disappointed.
This evening I think I have a bit of tingling in my feet - similar sign to the numbness. I also have a vague feeling of nausea this evening. I hope these are not signs of more serious reaction this time. I have to cope with 17 in the house tomorrow for the BBQ. I should also note that Tim appears to have recovered from his "Swine Flu" and is now off in France.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment