Not had any updates for a while. Radiotherapy has become a bit routine over the last few days. It's been quite good, I don't have to worry about getting up in the morning - so no alarm and no hurry at breakfast time. It works quite well for the school holidays.
I just turn up and book in. The computer usually says "on time" or "running 10 minutes late". But it usually doesn't mean anything. On Monday it said running late but I still got in early and was out before my appointment time. When I arrived today there was no one in the waiting area and they called me through quite quickly. But, just as they were getting ready, someone came in and asked if they could get done quickly as they had a bus to catch. Since I was early anyway I couldn't object and I was expecting to wait for the doctor afterwards. I still got in on time.
There was a new radiographer this week - Clare, she'd been working elsewhere last week. Yesterday she commented on my stripey socks, so today I had to find some better ones. They got comments too.
Saw the doctor again today after the treatment. Doctor Bates wasn't in, so I got to see Dr Ayres again. She was quite pleasant, checked me over and was quite pleased with my progress. She's not expecting any problems. I just told her that my shoulder was getting a bit sore - skin feels a bit tender but not painful. She said that was not unexpected, just keep rubbing the cream on it. I asked her about the appointment I now have in September - she said they will just be checking that I am recovering okay from the treatment and will let me know what happens next.
Well today was treatment number 8 out of 15. So now I'm over halfway. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment