Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Get to tell the team today

Finally got to sit down at the team meeting and tell everyone with them what is happening. This is so good to take a weight off my shoulders. They all know now. I don't have to find a quiet room to make a phone call. They are all a bit shocked I think, but very sympathetic and supportive.

Managed to get a CT scan booked for tomorrow. This was a bit last minute getting sorted, but at least I can get it done before Fridays visit to the consultant.

Went to the pub at luchtime with Stuart, Mark & Graham. Last chance for Stuart & Mark. Nothing said about my news to start with. I made a subtle comment about no lunch tomorrow (due to scan). That got things going and we had a bit of a laugh about hair loss. Then I was able to get everything out. It was great to talk.

Bad day for the company today. We had the big bosses from the two main BLs visiting. They said times were tough - we need to save money. Thirty-nine jobs to go in Southampton. This doesn't get any better. In principle we are safe, but who can tell?

No comments: